Email which is not sent or undelivered mail comes under bounce-back category this is a common problem now a days. Email become bounce-back specially when email address of recipient is misspelled in this type of situation server automatically send email again to its real origin or sending address just to inform that a message sent by you is not delivered.
Simply bounce-back messages resemble due to non technical languages or code error used in email. Bounce back message comes from Unknown address also. For his if any business concern sending email should opt good email service provider . Before we understand bounce-back first we have to know about some common term used in email.
- Sender: A sender is a person who sends email to other person or recipient.
- Recipient: A recipient is a person who receives mail which is generated by sender.
- Server: A server is just like post office which helps or forward mail from sender to recipient.
- Email address or account: This is just like identity or address which is unique from person to person. That is why in world of internet each person has their own separate identity to reach them.
- Email address: It is divided into 2 sections and it is separated by sign “@” before this sign username exist and after this sign domain name is there.
Term bounce is also categories as
- Bounce: Server rejects your email message when you sent mail to recipient.
- Soft bounce: mail server confirms the recipient email address, the recipient mailbox may be full or inactive, or recipient server may be down, or the connection may have been broken for short period. This problem is temporary problem.
- Hard bounce: due to invalid or no existent a message is permanently undeliverable, or when you’re and recipient server blocks each other.
Bounce-back report comes in term like
- To many hops the most likely. The message is looping.
- A DNS problem. Check your smart host setting on the SMTP connector.
- No enough disk space.
- Classic temporary problem, the Administrator has frozen the queue.
- Multi-language situation. Your server does not have the correct language code page installed..
- Problem with contacts. Address field maybe empty. Check the address information..
- The message is too large.
- The recipient has exceeded their mailbox limit.
Above are given some common problem when bulk message are sent. For Good email sending process always choose best email service provider who have excellent experience in email marketing service related in field of email sending.